We Are Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
Effective date: October 2, 2018
Our Website may collect data through the following ways:
- Registration forms, checkout pages, and so on that collect information you provide us, so that we can provide you customer care and services.
- Contact forms, such as those on the Contact and Service Request Form pages of the Website.
- Subscribe to our newsletter signup form, available in the footer of every page of our Website, that collects your email address, if you choose to provide it, so we can send you email newsletters.
- Links to third-party websites that are not operated by us, such as links to social media platforms, and to the Online Credit Application (provided by AppOne).
We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our Website. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, and use your personal information.
Information Collection And Use
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide services, to communicate with you, or to make our services better.
Let’s go over the information that we collect:
To complete a purchase on our online store, register for an account, complete an online form, etc. you will need to provide us information via web forms. This information is personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address (including street address, city, state, and zip-code)
- Billing information
- Other information
The newsletter sign-up form in the footer of our website is also an online web form that you may choose to use. To complete the sign-up process, we ask you to provide your email address, so we may send messages to you. All recipients of such notifications, known as subscribers, are able to easily opt-out (or unsubscribe) from these messages. We are sure to provide this option in every message we send, by providing a link in the bottom of the each email message, to unsubscribe.
Collected form data is not made public. Form data is protected and accessed by Tailwater
Marine & Tackle employees and our Service Providers (please see “Service Providers”).
How We Collect This Data – Tracking & Cookies
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to perform web-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain Personal Data information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information (please see Personal Data above).
What are cookies?
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
We may use the following third-party Service Providers, that help us manage and maintain the Website, and/or provide cookies to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, these include:
Tailwater Marine & Tackle uses a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Tailwater Marine & Tackle may use an online advertising service developed by Google, through which we may pay to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users. Google Adwords uses conversion tracking to help us see when ads lead to conversions from various sources. For example, Google Adwords makes it possible to track when a visitor completes an action on our Website. This could be, clicking a link, or any other valuable action.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Tailwater Marine & Tackle uses an online service provided by AppOne to facilitate the Online Credit Application form. AppOne is a centralized web-based platform that connects automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, and power sport dealers with lenders. AppOne gives dealers the ability to accept an on-line credit application from a consumer, submit to lenders and prepare & print lender specific loan document packages, eliminating the task of forms management and greatly reducing the chance of returned contacts and re-contracting.
AppOne gives lenders the ability to provide and control loan document preparation greatly increasing efficiency, reducing dealer funding time and reducing compliance risk.
For information on the privacy practices of AppOne, please visit: https://www.reyrey.com/privacy-policy
Thrive Creative Group
Links To Other Sites
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter and Periscope.tv: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Google + and Google Maps: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How and Why We Use Information
We may use the data we collect for various purposes to:
- provide and maintain the Website
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- provide customer care and support
- provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- monitor the usage of the our Website
- detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: We have a legitimate interest in using your information: to provide and update our Website, to improve our Website so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Website, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Website, and to personalize your experience; and/or you have given us your consent– upon accessing this Website you received a notification that we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on, as described in our Tracking & Cookies section.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
Tailwater Marine & Tackle may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Tailwater Marine & Tackle
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards of your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors
who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Website services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Website (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our Websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena,
court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of us, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information, or at your direction. For
example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to from our Website.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been
aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Website.
Creative Commons Sharealike License
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs for a period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can
choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Website may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating
system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like locating you using a Google Maps embedded feature for directions, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional
messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages or contact us (please see the “Contact Us” section below for our contact information). If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: Please see the section below on How to Manage
- Close Your Account: If you use our Website features that allow for account creation (such as shop.tailwatermarine.com), and if you no longer want to use our Website, you may contact us to close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above, if that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
How to Manage Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
You can choose not to accept cookies from any website, by changing the settings of your browser. You can also delete cookies stored in your browser at any time.
For more information about cookies, including how to delete them from your computer and configure your browser to refuse them from any other site, visit the following resource, or refer to your individual browser settings for additional information on disabling cookies:
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to Contact Us to find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age
of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Tailwater Marine & Tackle
927 Dover Road, Clarksville, Tennessee 37042
Phone: (931) 648-3431
Toll free: 1-877-767-7650
Fax: (931) 648-9618
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
October 2, 2018: drafted policy.